Clarty Hen Events is the collaboration between professional trainer and team building expert Alison Craggs and Hemscott Hill Farm in Northumberland.
Our events are based at Hemscott Hill Farm at Druridge Bay in Northumberland. The Farm is right by a stunning 7 mile stretch of beach that is usually deserted so perfect for activities. We run some of the events on the farm and some on the beach depending on weather.
Is it just for hens?
No! The event can be adapted for any group, including birthdays and other celebrations.
Alison Craggs is a qualified learning & development practitioner with 20 years in the corporate training industry and events can easily be adapted for corporate situations including leadership, personal development and coaching retreats (please contact us for more information on this).
What Activities are included?
Our package includes an activity left in your accommodation for you to do on the Friday night. Look back over the Hen’s single years from birth to wedded bliss with our fun activities. Choose one of the following Friday Night activities:
- Create your own personalised bunting
- Create a TV Advert for the Bride and Groom
- Hunt through our games box for the old favourites, Twister, Pictionary, Pub Quizzes you can put your own spin on and some outdoor games
On Saturday your day will be facilitated and you can choose from activities such as
- Water Pipes – You need to rescue ‘Clarty Hen’ from the drain pipes. If you think and act quickly you will all stay dry.
- Herding The Sheep – With the Hen as ‘The Shepherd’ what can go wrong? Can The Shepherd get their sheep into the pen?
- Stackyard Olympics – Welly Wanging, Egg & Spoon Races, Sack Race. The Old ones can be the most fun. If the weather is good we’ll get down onto the beach for a good old farm themed sports day.
- Farmyard Forage – The Farm is full of treasure and what a wonderful way to explore in the fresh Northumbrian air. A set of clues is all you need to lead you to ‘The Clarty Hen’.
- Build your own Hen-House – Oh no, the hen house has collapsed. Good job you hardy lot can build a new one to fit all of the hens in before the storm arrives.
- Islands on the Farm – There has been a chemical spill on the Farm. With a rescue kit and some instructions you may be able to rescue your flock.
- Move the Hen – Build a structure that will help The Clarty Hen get from her roost to the church – on time!
- The Big Picture – Get clarty and recreate your views of the farm with an interesting twist .
What is the cost?
Our minimum booking is for a party of 12. The Price is £175 per person and includes:
2 nights accommodation*
Continental Breakfast on Saturday / Sunday mornings
Picnic box lunch on Saturday
Friday night activity pack
Up to 4 facilitated activities on Saturday
Our package includes a hamper of activities available in your accommodation for you to use at your leisure on the Friday evening.
*Friday & Saturday accommodation included in either Glamping Bell Tents (July & August only) or in Calico Barn, a newly converted Barn offering high quality bunk accommodation (party gets sole use of the barn).
If you can’t stay over we can offer a day only package, ask us for details.
Food & Drink
Self catering / kitchen facilities provided if you want to bring food in addition to what is provided. We can also provide a list of restaurants, pubs and takeaways.
Included in Package:
- Continental Breakfast
- Picnic Box (Saturday)
Why not add an Extra Special Add On Activity for food, see below for examples of what we can organise.
Why not make your weekend extra special by adding on an extra special activity (these activities are not included in the cost and are at an additional charge – please ask for prices):
- Alpaca Walks
- Wood Fired Hot Tub
- Pizza Night
- Cocktail Cart
- Prosecco Afternoon Tea
- Barbeque Packs